Best jamb expo, jamb runs, jamb runz,jupeb runz, jamb upgrade, questions and answers Best JAMB Expo Site, WAEC, NECO, Nabteb, GCE, IJAMB Expo Best JAMB, WAEC, NECO, Nabteb, GCE, IJAMB Questions and Answers/ Runz/ Expo Site

JAMB Change of Course or Institution

JAMB Change of Course or Institution

As an undergraduate student in Nigeria, gaining admission into your university and program of choice can be an arduous process. After receiving your JAMB results, many students may find that they are admitted into a different course or institution than intended or desired. Fortunately, JAMB allows students to request a change of course, institution, or personal details through their online portal. As someone who has gone through this process successfully, I want to provide a step-by-step guide to help other students navigate the procedure. By following these instructions carefully, you can submit a request for a change of course or institution and receive an updated admission letter reflecting your preferences.

JAMB Change of Course

Understanding JAMB Change of Course and Institution

To change your course or institution with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), you must first understand the process.

As a JAMB candidate, you are allowed to make changes to your course, institution, or personal details up until a certain deadline after the exam.###To request changes, you will need to purchase an e-PIN. This can be bought from any JAMB accredited agent, bank branch or JAMB’s website for a fee of N2,500.

With your e-PIN in hand, you then need to log in to JAMB’s change of course/institution portal to make your requested changes. You will be required to enter your registration number, e-PIN and other personal details to access your profile.

JAMB typically allows three options for changes:

  1. Change of Course: Switching to a different course of study at the same institution. For example, changing from Mass Communication to English.
  2. Change of Institution: Transferring your admission to a different school. For example, changing from University of Lagos to Covenant University.
  3. Correction of Personal Details: Amending details like your name, age, LGA, etc. This does not affect your course or institution.

Note that JAMB may not grant all change requests, especially if the desired course or institution has already reached its quota. Priority may be given based on factors like exam scores. I would advise applying for changes as early as possible to increase your chances.

RECOMMENDED POSTS  2024 jamb Islamic Religious Studies expo/ Questions and Answers Now Available

With the necessary steps taken, you can successfully change your details with JAMB and proceed to the next stage of your education journey. Best of luck!

When to Request a JAMB Change of Course or Institution

As an undergraduate student, there may come a time when you wish to change your course of study or transfer to another institution. In this case, you will need to request a change of course or institution from the Joint Admissions and Matelriculation Board (JAMB). ###When to Request a JAMB Change of Course or Institution

To be eligible for a JAMB change of course or institution, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. You must have successfully completed at least one full academic session (200 level) in your current course of study. This is to ensure you have adequately experienced your current course before requesting a transfer.
  2. Your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) must be at least 2.0 (second class lower) or above. This demonstrates you have performed satisfactorily in your current course of study.
  3. You must obtain a letter of release or consent from your current institution indicating they have released you to seek a transfer.
  4. You must meet the minimum entry requirements for your desired new course or institution. This may require you to retake certain subjects to meet departmental cut-off marks.
  5. You must complete and submit a JAMB change of course/institution form, available for purchase on the JAMB website or portal, along with the required supporting documents and non-refundable fee.

The earlier you initiate the process, the higher your chances of securing your desired transfer. JAMB usually sets specific windows within which they process change of course and institution requests. It is advisable to start the process at least 6-12 months before your intended transfer. Following the stipulated guidelines and timelines will make the transition smooth and successful.

Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your JAMB Course or Institution

To change your course or institution with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), you will need to follow the proper procedure. ### Request a JAMB Data Correction Form

The first step is to obtain the JAMB Data Correction Form. You can download the form for free on the JAMB website. Fill out the necessary personal information, including your name, address, date of birth, and JAMB registration number. Under the section for requested changes, select “change of course/institution.” Indicate your current registered course and institution, and the new course and institution you wish to change to.

Submit Supporting Documents

Attach photocopies of the following documents to your completed JAMB Data Correction Form:

  • Your JAMB result slip
  • Your national ID card
  • Acceptance letter from the new institution (if changing institutions)
RECOMMENDED POSTS  JAMB Cut-Off Mark 2024/2025

These documents will serve as evidence to support your requested change.

Pay the Required Fees

A fee of two thousand five hundred naira (₦2,500) is required for course or institution changes. You can pay at any JAMB accredited bank or via credit/debit card on the JAMB website or Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) e-PIN vending portal. Attach the bank teller or e-PIN receipt to your submission.

Submit Your Application

Send your completed JAMB Data Correction Form with attached documents and payment receipt to the JAMB Registrar. You can submit in person at the JAMB state office in your area, or by registered mail or courier service. Your application will be reviewed, and if approved, JAMB will notify you and update your registration details. The entire process can take 2 to 3 weeks, so apply promptly.

Following these steps carefully will ensure your JAMB course or institution change request is processed smoothly. Best of luck with your new academic journey!

How to Change Your Personal Details on the JAMB Portal

To change your personal details on the JAMB portal, you will need to log in to your JAMB profile and access the ‘Update Personal Details’ section.

Log in to Your JAMB Profile

First, visit JAMB’s official website and click the ‘Log in’ button on the top right corner of the screen. Enter your username and password to access your profile.

Access the ‘Update Personal Details’ Section

On the left sidebar of your profile page, you will see an option labeled ‘Update Personal Details’. Click on this to begin updating your information.

Update Your Personal Information

This section allows you to change details such as your name, date of birth, gender, marital status, contact information, Next of Kin, and more. Review each category carefully and update any details that need correction or are out of date. Be sure to enter information exactly as it appears on your official government-issued ID.

For name changes, you will need to upload a sworn affidavit from a court of law as evidence. Changes to date of birth also require uploading a sworn affidavit as well as your birth certificate. Contact information updates simply require re-entering your current phone number(s) and email address.

Save and Submit Your Changes

After reviewing and updating all necessary personal details, click the ‘Save and Continue’ button at the bottom of the page. Your changes will be reviewed by JAMB and reflected on your profile within 72 hours. You will receive an SMS and email notification once your updates have been approved.

Updating your personal information with JAMB ensures your details are current and accurate for all your educational records and accounts. Be sure to log in to your JAMB profile regularly to check that all details are correct and up to date.

Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Data Changes

As with any official process, there are frequently asked questions about making changes to your JAMB profile. Here are some of the common ones and their answers:

RECOMMENDED POSTS  How to Prepare Effectively for 2024 Jamb CBT exam

Will my scores be affected if I change my course or institution?

No, your UTME scores will not be affected by changes made to your course, institution, or personal details. Your scores remain valid for the current admission year.

Is there a deadline for making changes to my JAMB profile?

JAMB typically opens the portal for profile changes and corrections shortly after UTME results are released, around August. The deadline varies each year but is usually in October or November. It is advisable to make any changes as early as possible.

How do I access the JAMB change of course/data portal?

You can access the JAMB data correction portal on JAMB’s official website. Once there, click the “2020 UTME Data Correction” option. Login with your JAMB registration number and password to access your profile.

Can I change my name on the JAMB portal?

Yes, you can change inaccuracies or make minor updates to your personal details like your name. However, the new name must match what is on your national ID card or birth certificate. Major name changes may require additional documentation.

How much does it cost to make changes on the JAMB portal?

JAMB charges a flat fee of 3,500 Naira for changes to course, institution, or personal data. The fees are non-refundable and must be paid before changes will be applied.

How long does it take for changes to be completed?

According to JAMB, approved changes made on the data correction portal are usually completed within 48 to 72 hours. Some changes may take up to a week to be fully processed during peak periods. You will receive a notification from JAMB once your changes have been made.

If you have any other questions about updating information on the JAMB data correction portal, you may contact JAMB directly for assistance. Following the proper procedures and deadlines will help ensure your desired changes are made accurately.


In summary, the process of changing your course of study or institution with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board may seem daunting, but by following the proper guidelines and submitting the necessary documents, you can successfully complete the process. The key is to start early, pay close attention to deadlines, and ensure all information provided is accurate and verifiable. While the waiting period can be stressful, staying on top of the required steps will help bring you closer to your goal of studying your preferred course at your institution of choice. With hard work and persistence, you can achieve your academic aspirations. Stay focused on the opportunities ahead rather than obstacles in your path. You have the power to shape your future.

JAMB Requirements for Law in 2024

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *