JAMB 2024 Recommended Textbooks and Registration Tips
Are you planning to take the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam in 2024? If yes, then you need to start preparing early and get the right resources to help you succeed. In this blog post, I will share with you some of the best textbooks and tips for JAMB 2024, as well as answer some frequently asked questions about the exam.
Recommended Textbooks for JAMB 2024
One of the most important things you need to do to ace the JAMB exam is to study the official syllabus and use the recommended textbooks. The syllabus covers the topics and objectives for each subject that you will be tested on. The textbooks provide you with detailed explanations, examples, exercises, and practice questions that are tailored to the JAMB exam format and standards.
Here are some of the recommended textbooks for JAMB 2024 for some of the popular subjects:
- English Language: New Oxford Secondary English Course for senior secondary schools, Essential English for SS1, Brighter Grammar for SS2, Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary
- Mathematics: Adelodun A. A Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, Ababio O. Y. New School Physics for Senior Secondary Schools, Anyebe J. A. B Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, David -Osuagwu M. et al New General Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools
- Physics: Ike E.E Fundamental Physics for Senior Secondary Schools, Nelson M. Advanced Level Physics, Olumuyionwa A. and Ogunkoya O. O Comprehensive Certificate Physics56
- Chemistry: Ababio O. Y. New School Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools, Bajah S.T.; Teibo B. O., Onwu G.; and Obikwere A Book on Senior Secondary Chemistry, Ojokuku G. O. Understanding Chemistry for Schools and Colleges
- Biology: Ndu F.O. C.; E. O.; Odunze A. C Modern Biology for Senior Secondary Schools, Ramalingam S.T Modern Biology for Senior Secondary Schools, Stone R.H.; and Cozens A.B.C New Biology for Tropical Schools
You can find more recommended textbooks for other subjects on the JAMB website or on other online platforms.
Registration Tips for JAMB 2024
Another crucial thing you need to do to prepare for JAMB 2024 is to register for the exam on time and follow the guidelines carefully. Here are some tips to help you with the registration process:
- The date for the commencement of JAMB registration is Saturday, 14th January 2024 and the closing date is Tuesday, 14th February 2024. Make sure you register within this period to avoid missing out on the exam.
- To register for JAMB 2024, you need to create a profile code by sending your name (Surname First-name Middle-name) as an SMS to 55019 from your mobile phone. You will receive a confirmation code of 10 characters that you will use to purchase your e-PIN online or at any accredited bank or outlet.
- You also need to have a valid email address and phone number that you will use to receive information and updates from JAMB. You can create a free email account on Gmail, Yahoo, or any other platform.
- You need to pay a non-refundable fee of N3,500 for your e-PIN and N500 for the reading text (The Life Changer by Khadija Abubakar Jalli) at any approved bank or outlet. You will also pay N700 as service charge at any accredited CBT centre where you will complete your registration.
- You need to have your personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, state of origin, local government area, etc., ready before you start your registration. You also need to have your choice of institutions (first choice, second choice, etc.), courses (first choice, second choice, etc.), and subject combinations ready before you start your registration.
- You need to have a recent passport photograph (not more than 3 months old) that shows your face clearly and has a white background. You will upload this photograph during your registration at the CBT centre.
- You need to have your National Identification Number (NIN) ready before you start your registration. You can obtain your NIN by visiting any NIMC enrolment centre or by dialling *346# from your mobile phone. You will need to provide your NIN during your registration at the CBT centre.
- You need to print out your registration slip and keep it safely. You will need to present this slip at the exam centre on the day of your exam.
Frequently Asked Questions about JAMB 2024
Here are some of the common questions that candidates ask about JAMB 2024 and their answers:
- When is the JAMB exam date for 2024? The JAMB exam date for 2024 is yet to be announced by the board. However, based on previous years, the exam is likely to hold between April and May 2024. You will be notified of the exact date, time, and venue of your exam via email, SMS, or the JAMB portal.
- How many subjects will I write in JAMB 2024? You will write four subjects in JAMB 2024, depending on your chosen course and institution. The four subjects will include English Language (which is compulsory for all candidates) and three other subjects relevant to your course and institution. You can check the JAMB brochure or the website of your preferred institution to confirm the subject combinations for your course.
- How many questions will I answer in JAMB 2024? You will answer 180 questions in JAMB 2024, with 60 questions for English Language and 40 questions each for the other three subjects. You will have a total of two hours (120 minutes) to complete the exam.
- How can I check my JAMB result for 2024? You can check your JAMB result for 2024 by visiting the JAMB portal at www.jamb.gov.ng and logging in with your registration number or email address. You can also check your result by sending RESULT as an SMS to 55019 from your registered phone number. You will receive your result as an SMS within a few minutes.
- How can I change my course or institution after JAMB 2024? You can change your course or institution after JAMB 2024 by applying for the JAMB change of course or institution service on the JAMB portal at www.jamb.gov.ng. You will need to pay a fee of N2,500 for this service and you can only do it once. You can also visit any accredited CBT centre to do this.
Summary and Conclusion
In conclusion, JAMB 2024 is an important exam that you need to prepare well for if you want to gain admission into your desired university. To prepare well, you need to study the syllabus and use the recommended textbooks for each subject. You also need to register for the exam on time and follow the guidelines carefully. You also need to be aware of the exam date, format, result, and other relevant information.
I hope this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I wish you all the best in your JAMB 2024 exam. Cheers!