JAMB Syllabus 2024: How to Prepare for the UTME and DE Exams
If you are planning to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or the Direct Entry (DE) exam in 2024, you need to know the JAMB syllabus for your chosen subjects. The JAMB syllabus is a guide that contains the topics, objectives, and recommended textbooks for each subject. It helps you to focus on the areas that JAMB will test you on and avoid wasting time on irrelevant materials.
In this blog post, I will show you how to access the JAMB syllabus for 2024, how to use it effectively, and some frequently asked questions about the JAMB registration and exam.
JAMB Syllabus for 2024
The JAMB syllabus for 2024 is available online on the official JAMB website www.jamb.gov.ng. You can also download it as a PDF file from various sources such as Expocoded.com, Legitruns.com and Waecclass.com
To view the JAMB syllabus for any subject of your choice, click on the subject link below and the accurate jamb syllabus will display. Note: When the page loads, you can click on download PDF to download the syllabus in PDF format.
How to Use the JAMB Syllabus Effectively
The JAMB syllabus is not just a list of topics, but a tool that can help you prepare well for the exam. Here are some tips on how to use it effectively: Login To Jamb Portal Using Registration Number
- Study the objectives of each topic. The objectives are the skills and knowledge that JAMB expects you to have after studying the topic. They will guide you on what to focus on and what to ignore.
- Use the recommended textbooks. The textbooks are selected by JAMB based on their relevance, accuracy, and coverage of the syllabus. They will provide you with detailed explanations, examples, and exercises that will enhance your understanding of the topics.
- Practice with past questions. The past questions are a good way to test your readiness and familiarize yourself with the exam format, style, and difficulty level. You can get past questions from JAMB’s e-facility portal or from other sources such as Schoolsavant.
- Revise regularly. Revision is essential to consolidate your learning and improve your memory retention. You should revise each topic at least twice before the exam and use mnemonics, flashcards, summaries, and quizzes to aid your recall.
Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Registration and Exam
Here are some common questions that candidates ask about the JAMB registration and exam:
- When will JAMB registration start and end?
- How much is JAMB form?
- JAMB form costs N3,500 for UTME candidates and N5,000 for DE candidates. You will also pay N500 for the novel “Sweet Sixteen” and N700 for CBT centre service charge.
- What are the requirements for JAMB registration?
- You will need a valid email address, phone number, personal details, passport photograph, O’level results (or awaiting results), choice of institution and course, choice of four subjects (for UTME) or two subjects (for DE), National Identification Number (NIN), and e-PIN.
- How can I get e-PIN?
- You can get e-PIN by sending your NIN as an SMS to 55019. You will receive a confirmation code that you will use to pay for the e-PIN at any bank, NIPOST office, or online platform such as Quickteller or Remita.
- When will JAMB exam start and end?
- JAMB exam will start on April 25th, 2024 and end on May 2nd, 2024. You will be assigned a date, time, and venue for your exam when you print your exam slip from JAMB’s portal or email.
- How can I prepare for JAMB exam?
- You can prepare for JAMB exam by studying the syllabus, using the recommended textbooks, practicing with past questions, revising regularly, attending CBT classes, and applying for the mock exam.
The JAMB syllabus is a guide that contains the topics, objectives, and recommended textbooks for each subject. It helps you to focus on the areas that JAMB will test you on and avoid wasting time on irrelevant materials. You can access the JAMB syllabus online or download it as a PDF file. You should use the JAMB syllabus effectively by studying the objectives, using the textbooks, practicing with past questions, and revising regularly. You should also know the important dates, fees, requirements, and procedures for JAMB registration and exam.